The cause of the fire in which two people lost their lives in rural Edmunds County has been identified. According to the Edmunds County Sheriff’s Office a wall-mounted gas heating unit near a doorway was the sources of the fire. That information came following an investigation by the state fire marshal. The home was located in rural Tolstoy. According to the Aberdeen American News, citing a death notice, the two people involved included 81-year-old Jerry Schack and 74-year-old Shirlee Schack both of Tolstoy.