Effective Monday April 6th all playgrounds within the Aberdeen Parks, Recreation & Forestry system will be closed off for public use due to concerns over COVID-19.
Parks, trails and open space areas will remain open at this time. We ask that you please refrain from using the play equipment and observe the following rules while in our parks.
- Refrain from using parks, and trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks, and trails.
- While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
We are also asking the public to refrain from using our recreation fields, basketball courts for any type of pickup game or practices.
Your cooperation in this will help in our fight against COVID-19
If you have any questions, please feel to contact Park, Recreation & Forestry office at 605-626-7015.