Today, Governor Kristi Noem signed eighteen bills into law:
- SB 6 corrects technical errors in statutory cross-references related to the Department of Social Services.
- SB 20 places certain controlled substances on the controlled substances schedule.
- SB 22 corrects a technical error concerning a cross-reference regarding a certain energy conservation program.
- SB 29 revises certain training and testing requirements for entry level driver applicants for a commercial driver license.
- SB 30 extends the issuance period for commercial learner’s permits.
- SB 32 revises certain provisions regarding access critical nursing facilities.
- SB 39 repeals the registration requirements for certain amusement devices.
- SB 41 revises certain requirements for contesting certificates of assessment.
- SB 42 requires all documentation supporting a tax refund claim regarding the accidental mixing of undyed and dyed diesel fuel to be submitted to the Department of Revenue within a certain time period.
- SB 43 modifies certain provisions related to motor vehicles.
- SB 63 corrects technical errors and outdated provisions regarding the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- SB 73 revises provisions regarding the sale of certain government owned vehicles by an auction agency.
- SB 78 modifies certain provisions related to trusts.
- HB 1031 revises certain provisions relating to the South Dakota Retirement System.
- HB 1032 revises the minimum cost of living adjustment and revises terminology of the South Dakota Retirement System.
- HB 1033 updates certain provisions relating to the South Dakota Retirement System and revises certain provisions relating to reemployment after retirement with the South Dakota Retirement System.
- HB 1037 authorizes the increase of certain fees by the State Electrical Commission.
- HB 1046 limits liability for certain exposures to COVID-19.
Governor Noem has signed sixty bills into law this legislative session.