The South Dakota Amateur baseball association announced Wednesday it will move forward with an amateur baseball season despite COVID-19.
However, teams and fans will have to adhere to certain guidelines to try and ensure safety of players and spectators.
The league will begin play on May 31st and league tournaments are scheduled for July with a state tournament scheduled for August 5th through the 16th in Mitchell.
Stipulations that must be followed include:
- players may stand outside the dugout during the game
- umpires may call balls and strikes from behind the plate or mound however they feel comfortable
- players must wear batting gloves
- mound visits will be 6 feet between manager and player
- masks should be used where practicle including fans
- no shaking hands and more.
- limit equipment sharing
- hand sanitizer will be available in teh dugout